“Mark truly understands the severe impact a personal injury can have on his client’s lives.”
“They work to provide their clients the rights and justice that should be given to all Americans.”
“They strive to do anything they can to make their client’s lives easier."
“Mark gives a voice to those who have been injured or harmed by the wrongdoing of others.”
Hello, and welcome. We are Georgia's leading traumatic brain injury lawyers.
Auto accidents are all we do and every client receives our 24/7 VIP Guarantee ™.
- Live support 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week
- Your lawyer ’s direct cell phone number
- Scheduled updates from the experts handling your case
Let’s start your free case evaluation:
We've been featured
What our clients are saying...
We consistently receive 5-star reviews from our clients. Our number one goal is to make sure our clients know they are always taken care of.
I felt like part of the family and can’t thank them enough for everything they did.
They take great care of all their clients and they have a really strong reputation. Mark is the best in the business! 10/10!
The folks at Georgia Auto Law are incredibly professional and take excellent care of their clients.
This has been the quickest process I’ve ever had with a lawyer! I love these guys.
I reached out to Georgia Auto Law after my accident. My attorney was very hands on and took great care of me.
Free case evaluation
See what it's worth. No obligation.
Brain injury from a car accident
Experiencing a brain injury (aka “traumatic brain injury”) in an accident can be life-changing. The pathway to recovery can be long and very costly. When another person or company is responsible for causing your brain injury, you may be able to recover compensation.
Our personal injury lawyers at Georgia Auto Law have a well-known (and feared by the defense attorneys) track record in helping brain injury victims file lawsuits against the people and companies who caused their brain injuries. Our personal injury lawyers know the medical side of brain injuries very well, so we are able to evaluate your case and maximize your compensation.
Brain injury cases are highly complex.
When it comes to traumatic brain injuries, it is crucial for your lawyer to understand all of the medical terminology and the medical side of the case. Traumatic brain injuries are highly complex, and your lawyer needs to have the right experts on their team to make sure you get maximum compensation.
At Georgia Auto Law, our traumatic brain injury lawyers work with teams of medical experts. We make sure that we know every single aspect of your injury so we can fight for you.
Free case evaluation
See what it's worth. No obligation.
What is traumatic brain injury?
The brain injury attorneys at Georgia Auto Law are experts in handling brain injury cases. We are often asked to explain the definition of a traumatic brain injury and how it affects car accident victims in Georgia.
Georgia brain injury lawyers define a traumatic brain injury as any injury caused by trauma (such as a car accident or truck accident) which leads to some impairment of the victim’s functioning.
The Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that a traumatic brain injury is a “disruption of the normal function of the brain” due to a “bump, blow, or jolt to the head.” Also, Mayo clinic has a similar definition: a traumatic brain injury “usually results from a violent blow or jolt to the head that causes the brain to collide with the inside of the skull.”
There are different severities of traumatic brain injuries. First is “mild” which involves a brief change in mental status or consciousness. The CDC also has a category called “severe” which results from an extended period of unconsciousness or amnesia after the injury. Finally, Mayo Clinic has another level of severity which is called “moderate.” This level sits in between mild and severe.
A mild traumatic brain injury will usually have some of the following symptoms:
- Loss of consciousness
- Loss of memory of events immediately before or after the injury
- Any alteration in mental status (dizziness, confusion, dazed, disoriented)
- Neurological changes that may come and go
If you hit your head, let us know.
Sometimes, accident victims may not know that they have suffered a traumatic brain injury. This leads to brain injuries often going undiagnosed for a long time. If you hit your head in your accident, or lost consciousness, make sure to let your lawyer know. It is very important.
Brain injury lawyers at Georgia Auto Law
We are proud to represent brain injury victims all over the state of Georgia. We fully understand the impact a traumatic brain injury can have on our client’s lives. These injuries not only impact the victim’s financial security, but also can have a deep impact on quality of life.
If you or a loved one have been a victim of a brain injury in an auto accident, our lawyers may be able to help you recover much-needed compensation. The damages we can recover range from medical bills and lost wages, to loss of enjoyment of life and pain and suffering.
To find out if you may have a brain injury case, contact our brain injury lawyers today for a free, no-obligation case review.
Elements of a brain injury lawsuit
To bring a lawsuit in Georgia, a brain injury victim must have suffered trauma due to another person or company’s negligence. In a negligence lawsuit, our attorneys must prove the following elements:
Duty of care
The first element of a brain injury lawsuit is called “duty of care.” This means that the at-fault party was required to act with a reasonable level of care as to not endanger others. For example, a truck driver has the duty to drive in a reasonably safe manner so as to not endanger other cars and drivers on the roadway.
Breach of duty
We must prove that the other party did something (or failed to do something) that was negligent. An example of “breach of duty” would include a driver running a stop sign or failing to properly yield.
A personal injury lawyer must also prove that the defendant’s negligence was the direct cause of the injury or damage that the victim suffered. In other words, the negligent act by the defendant must have been what led to the injuries.
The final element is damages. We have to show that the negligence led to actual damages. This means that there must have been injuries, either physical or financial (or both).
We will be more than just your lawyer.
We know how much of an impact a brain injury can have on you and your family’s lives. Our promise is to be more than just the “lawyers” handling your case. We will stand by your side in any way we can to help you recover and get back on your feet. That is our promise to you.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) from auto accidents
Car crashes often lead to brain damages in the victims. In fact, according to the Center of Disease Control, auto accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injury (TBI) in Georgia. The reason for this is that the human brain is very fragile and can be easily damaged from the force generated in a typical car accident.
Our TBI attorneys often see brain injuries when the victim’s head hits another object, like the windshield or dashboard. However, the brain can also sustain an injury without a direct blow to the head. When a car accident happens, the impact can cause the brain to suddenly move backward and forward (known as “whiplash”). Whiplash is commonly thought to be only a neck injury, but it is also considered a closed-head injury because it can cause brain damage.
One estimate from the National Institutes of Health says that approximately 2 million people a year suffer traumatic brain injury–the main cause being car accidents. And brain injuries are suffered by people of all ages, leading to long term disability in many cases. Every year, there are over 300,000 people admitted to the hospital in the United States with traumatic brain injuries. This number does not account for the huge number of brain injuries that are not diagnosed but still lead to long-term disability.
- Fact #1 Auto accidents are a leading cause of traumatic brain injury in Georgia.
- Fact #2 A traumatic brain injury can occur from whiplash, even if there was no direct blow to the head.
- Fact #3 Many traumatic brain injuries go undiagnosed for long periods of time.
We have answers.
Our brain injury lawyers are available to answer any questions you may have. Dealing with a traumatic brain injury is scary, so we want to take as much stress off you as we can. Even if you are not ready to start your case right now, we will answer any questions you have completely free. We want to help in any way we can.
Georgia Auto Law is here for you. Contact us when you're ready.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, Georgia Auto Law can help you navigate the legal process to make sure you get every dollar of the compensation you deserve. Our brain injury lawyers can file a lawsuit to maximize your compensation.
There is a time limit on brain injury lawsuits, so it is always better to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Our team is ready to help you. Contact our office for a completely free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Remember, our lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis. That means that you never pay any fees upfront, ever. We stand by our No Fee Pledge which means that we only get paid if we win your case for you. Even then, our fee comes out of the money we recover, never your pocket.
Our legal team is ready to help you.
The road to recovery can be difficult and stressful. You do not have to take on the big insurance companies alone. The team of lawyers at Georgia Auto Law is ready to fight for you. We will handle your legal case so that you can focus on getting back on your feet.
Why choose our Georgia brain injury lawyers?
Our legal team has extensive experience handling brain injury cases. We will take care of everything related to your case. All you need to do is focus on getting back on your feet.
Our Georgia brain injury lawyers will:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of your brain injury case
- Answer your questions and help you understand your options
- Vigorously investigate your brain injury case
- Work directly with doctors and medical professionals
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters
- Prepare your case for trial
Most brain injury claims reach settlement. Our lawyers have experience handling all aspects of settlement negotiations. We know how to get our clients full and fair compensation. If needed, our trial-tested personal injury attorneys are always ready to take your case to court. We take the fight all the way.
Get help from
Georgia Auto Law today
At Georgia Auto Law, our top-rated auto accident attorneys advocate for injured victims. If you or your loved one was hurt in a crash in Georgia, we are ready to help.
Our attorneys handle all auto accident claims throughout the state of Georgia. We are Georgia’s “go-to” auto accident law firm.
For a free, no obligation review of your personal injury claim, please contact our law firm right away. My team is ready to help.
Traumatic brain injury FAQs
Do auto accidents cause mild traumatic brain injuries?
Yes. Auto accidents are one of the leading causes of mild traumatic brain injuries in Georgia, and across the United States. The CDC reports that auto accidents cause nearly 20 percent of the almost 2 million traumatic brain injuries that occur each year. Also, car accidents and truck accidents account for the largest number of brain injury related deaths in Georgia.
What types of brain injury cases do your attorneys handle?
At Georgia Auto Law, our brain injury attorneys handle the following type of accidents:
- Car accidents: Car accidents are one of the leading causes of brain injuries in Georgia. The impact from a car accident, even if it is at low speed, can cause significant trauma to the head and brain.
- Truck accidents: Due to their huge size and weight, commercial trucks are another leading cause of brain injuries. When these big rig trucks are fully loaded they can weigh over 80,000 pounds. When a truck driver is negligent, and causes an accident, it can lead to a brain injury in many cases.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents are a significant cause of brain injuries in Georgia. Due to the exposed nature of the rider, a motorcycle accident can lead to severe impact and trauma to the rider’s head and brain. This is made even more severe if the rider is not wearing a helmet.
What compensation can I receive in a brain injury lawsuit?
When a brain injury victim files a lawsuit, they may be able to recover damages (which means “compensation”) for both economic and non-economic factors:
- Medical Bills: In a brain injury lawsuit, we can seek full compensation for all medical bills that were incurred as a result of the injury. This means that we can seek compensation for hospital visits, doctors’ visits, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and occupational therapy.
- Lost wages: Unfortunately, when someone suffers a brain injury, they are most likely going to miss a substantial amount of work. Because of that, they are not being paid for the time off of work. Our brain injury lawyers may be able to recover the wages that you have lost due not being able to work.
- Lost future earnings: If a brain injury has caused you to have a reduced ability to work and earn money in the future, then our lawyers may be able to recover for additional compensation. This compensation is for the future wages that you would have been able to earn in the future had you not suffered a brain injury.
- Pain and suffering: There is no doubt that a brain injury can lead to pain and suffering. Victims of brain injuries have a right to recover full compensation for the pain and suffering that was caused by the injury. This includes both physical pain as well as emotional pain and distress.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Under Georgia law, a victim of a brain injury may be entitled to compensation for the way that the injury has interfered or changed their life. A brain injury can be life-changing, so if it has impacted the way a victim participates in activities that they used to enjoy, then our lawyers fight for additional compensation.
- Wrongful death: The sad truth is that sme brain injuries lead to death. When a brain injury causes death, then the victim’s surviving members may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit. In a wrongful death case, the victim’s family can recover compensation for financial damages, and loss of companionship and love from the loss of their loved one.
Awards & recognition
We have received coverage from prominent news outlets as well as awards from renowned legal organizations.
Discover what your case is worth today.
- We are auto accident case specialists.
- We are here for you 24/7, guaranteed.
- If we don’t win, you don’t pay a dime.
Free case evaluation
See what it's worth. No obligation.